A local partnership to fight against sickle cell disease
Biomaneo (based in Dijon) and Calao Formation (based in Dole) want to contribute to the fight against sickle cell disease in African countries, and to unite their skills and expertise to offer a better future to the patients and their families, with a maximum of people informed, alerted, and detected. While having a better perception of the complexity of the disease, its transmission risks, then master the treatment at home.
This ambitious partnership shares several objectives:
- To propose the detection and the therapeutic education directly in the countries where the population is the most affected by the sickle cell disease.
- To alert this population and give them access to the principal information about sickle cell disease.
- And to train the health care professions in the countries concerned in :
- the sickle cell disease screening with maldi-tof mass spectrometry NeoSickle® with Biomaneo, with a widely detection, reliable and quick results and lower costs.
- in the educational implementation of the “Malle des savoirs drépanocytose®” with Calao Formation, that will enable the local transfer of skills of this prevention program “ready to use”.